This is such a great quote, and one that can be applied at anytime in your life. Although many people use the calendar new year to start fresh, remember that you can make a fresh start any moment you decide to.
With that said, what are your plans for 2012?
- Will you make a career change?
- Are you seeking a promotion?
- Would you like to increase your performance, sales numbers, attitude?
- Do you plan to move into management?
- Go back to school? Take a course? Become certified in a skill?
Beyond setting goals, making plans, and writing out your intentions – also consider your state of being. Perhaps you can choose a word for the year – like “Fortis” – meaning strength. You could also choose words like courage, balance, or harmony.
A word for the year can be a focal point. Something for you to remember, and bring yourself back to a solid base throughout the months ahead.
Writing your goals and intentions, means you are more likely to achieve them. Take the time to do this over the next few days. Then put them in a place where you’ll see them frequently, revisit them, adjust them, and make them happen.
Happy New Year!